Applications for the 2018 Fire Awareness Awards open on Monday 2 July 2018.
In instances where an application cannot be submitted online, applicants must contact FAA organisers to discuss alternative arrangements.
When submitting an application, applicants should give consideration to what supporting documents they will include with their application. While there is no requirement to do so, the supply of images, videos and other supporting documents can help judges gain a more thorough understanding of your entry.
Applications close 11.59pm Sunday 16 September 2018
Entrants should read the conditions of entry below prior to submitting your entry.
Conditions of Entry
Entries are vetted in a due diligence process prior to judging. The following conditions of entry must be met.
- Projects must meet the basic criteria for entry, relevant to each category. Please ensure each selection criteria are completed as they are individually assessed.
- Ensure you adhere to the word limit for each selection criteria (350 words per criteria); once word limits are exceeded the system will not allow you to submit your entry.
- Projects must meet standards and procedures of the Victorian Fire Agencies (where applicable).
- Projects that were previously shortlisted as a Fire Awareness Award finalist are not to be resubmitted without further significant development.
- For all categories, projects must have been implemented between 30 June 2016 and 30 June 2018 to be eligible for the 2018 Fire Awareness Awards.
- Entries, attachments and any other supporting materials cannot be returned.
- Projects can be entered into one or more award categories; however, the project can only win one category.
- Judges may move projects between categories, where appropriate.
- Applicants may be required to complete a phone interview to discuss their entry.
- Decisions reached by the judging panel are final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Project names are subject to alteration for the sake of simplicity and clarity. Any altered project names will be subject to approval from the entrant.
- Information submitted in the entry process may be used for promotional purposes.
- Award recipients may be requested to participate in media and publicity for the Fire Awareness Awards.
- For all award categories, you will be required to submit an application online at: https://fireawareness.awardsplatform.com
- Closing date for entries is 11.59pm Sunday 16 September 2018. Late entries cannot be accepted.
There are two category streams Community and Government and Industry. See eligibility below:
Community – this stream includes not-for-profit organisations, individuals, community groups, volunteer groups, school or tertiary institutions.*
Government and Industry – this stream includes commercial enterprise, business, fire services and state or local government.
^DELWP, CFA, MFB, EMV and PV employees and members are NOT eligible to enter community categories. Fire services, state and local government, industry and business should apply to one of the Government and Industry categories: