Each year RACV Insurance presents an Award for Excellence to the most outstanding project entered in the Fire Awareness Awards. The Award includes a prize of $10,000 and acknowledges the hard work, innovation and dedication that has gone into delivering the project.
The RACV Award for Excellence aims to encourage a high standard of applications both now and into the future.
The recipient of the RACV Award for Excellence will be selected from the winning projects in the following categories*:
- Access and Inclusion
- Community Learning and Knowledge
- Community Prevention and Preparedness
Only one RACV Award for Excellence will be awarded.
*Fire Services and State Government are not eligible for entry into the RACV Award for Excellence.
Judging parameters include but are not limited to:
- Projects that have delivered a measurable benefit to the community or community safety
- Projects that have delivered a substantial leap forward in the use of technologies, design or construction techniques
- Projects that demonstrate substantial innovation or creative thinking in its relevant field.
2016 RACV Award for Excellence winner